anon73
Hi, could you please tell me if there are any online IDE with elixir support and if so could you please help me setup it if it requires knowledge of docker etc…
Thank you guys
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
What do you expect from this online IDE?
Do you need it (or the edited code) self hosted or are you able to put it under control of a third party cloud or even in the hands of the IDE provider?
Do you even want to fully self host?
Do you need more than one colaborator on the project?
Do you only need editing or do you also want to run tests on the host of the provider?
Have you considered simply setting up a dev env locally? Usually this is much superior over any online IDE, as you can do it the way you want.
anon73
I just want something that I can use in work in my free time (cant install anything on my work laptop) if the project source code can be hosted/saved on IDE site, that would be good
NobbZ
I’m not aware of any, but cloud9, but I have never tested or used it.
StefanHoutzager
https://github.com/StefanHoutzager/elixir-dev-anywhere-docker
Something like this? You can upgrade some versions (elixir, erlang, the elixir ideal plugin) in the dockerfile, I have not worked on the project for 7 mths.
muelthe
I had a similar requirement for a short period and made use of Codenvy. For example I created a linux stack and a project then installed Elixir etc. and made use of their IDE. The free version is not fast, especially to get up and running, but it might be suited to your requirements.
There are lots of pre-built stacks of various compositions, but I preferred to build mine from scratch and I believe they also support use of your IDE locally (should you need it).
Edit: would help if I posted a link: https://codenvy.io
anon73
Codenvy looks good enough for my needs but I dont know how to create stack. Could you please help me? All I want is Elixir, mix, Phoenix whould be good with some DB but it is not requirement. Thank you
muelthe
If I recall correctly:
I chose a single machine (Ubuntu) and then once running used the terminal to configure it to my needs. As I mentioned previously, set up can be a little slow and I am not certain if this is a limitation of the free account, or not.
There are some quick-start options that may give you a better start and save the hassle of having to configure your environment, but I have not looked at those.
Hope that helps
anon73
Thanks a lot!
krlsdu
You can use my stack.
The docker image has only the elixir and Erlang last version, with this environment you can install all requirements for the Phoenix framework. The database is better you create outside with some other service providers for Amazon, Google and others on the product lines DBAS(database as a service), I can help with this too next time.
For now, focus on boot your elixir phoenix project and made visible the server.
You need to create a new workspace →
Select add stack (option NO, when asking to you “create a new stack”) →
In the fill MACHINE uncollapse DEV-MACHINE and set source krlsdu/stack-elixir →
Finish the fill of formulary and save and test your task.
After finished your stack, choose on the list in your workspace.
joaquinalcerro
You can try using a remote server with vscode..
https://github.com/cdr/code-server
This is a video for setting it up.
Best regards,
Joaquin Alcerro