dokicro
Hi,
I have been doing web applications in PHP with Laravel framework for last four years.
It’s time to try something new so I decided to use Phoenix, could you please recommend me a good video series or tutorial which uses best practices and works on real project (example: blog, chat or something similar)?
Is there a similar website to https://laracasts.com where I can watch premium tutorials for a monthly fee?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
I think Overview — Phoenix v1.8.8 is a good tutorial.
dokicro
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am kinda visual learner so I prefer working on “real” projects much more than scrolling trough docs
Its just preference…
tortilla
Some basic tutorials:
I’ve taken all of them and they are all worthwhile but if I had to choose one, it would be the Pragmatic Studio course.
I also got a lot out of this book:
This series was pretty good too:
https://shankardevy.com/phoenix-book/
I haven’t tried ElixirCasts yet…
OvermindDL1
I hear the tensor videos are good:
There are other good youtube channels too, search around for elixir tutorials on there.
kokolegorille
Even if not Elixir based, I found the Kent university Erlang master class to be very helpful understanding the actor model.
dokicro
Thank you all for your suggestions I will chek them out
dokuzbir
You can look these 3 links
peerreynders
That’s bypassing the local fanfare for the course.
AstonJ
Does Josh cover Phoenix over at the DailyDrip?
https://www.dailydrip.com
@dokicro, have you learnt Elixir yet? If not check out the awesome Elixir Learning Resources > Books and Learning Resources > Courses (check out user reviews in the threads for recommendations
)
dokuzbir
i fixed link