MatOsinski
Hi guys! I have created a system, which will be sent info to the user’s mail (everything locally). However, I am getting this type of error
Path which I am using http://localhost:4000/dev/mailbox
I have added this to my config/configs.exs
config :rewardapp, Rewardapp.Mailer,
adapter: Bamboo.LocalAdapter
My mailer.ex
defmodule Rewardapp.Email do
import Bamboo.Email
import Bamboo.Phoenix
def rewardEmail(user) do
base_email()
|> to(user)
|> subject("You were granted points!")
|> text_body("You were granted some points! To check, log into your account!")
end
defp base_email() do
new_email()
|> from("rewardapp@gmail.com") # Set a default from
end
end
This is the IO.inspect of my function
function:
Rewardapp.Email.rewardEmail(userEmail)
IO.inspect(Rewardapp.Email.rewardEmail(userEmail))
result:
%Bamboo.Email{
assigns: %{},
attachments: [],
bcc: nil,
cc: nil,
from: "rewardapp@gmail.com",
headers: %{},
html_body: nil,
private: %{},
subject: "You were granted points!",
text_body: "You were granted some points! To check, log into your account!",
to: "kamig@gmail.com"
}
I am using bamboo v.1.5.
In my router.ex I have configured the path:
if Mix.env() == :dev do
scope "/dev" do
pipe_through :browser
#forward "/mailbox", Plug.Swoosh.MailboxPreview
forward "/mailbox", Bamboo.SentEmailViewerPlug
end
end
Why am I not able to see the output in the directory localhost:4000/dev/mailbox?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex












Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
pmangalakader
You are missing this part:
Kindly check the official documentation here: GitHub - beam-community/bamboo at master · GitHub
You have to use your Application Mailer module to deliver the emails.
In your case, try to import this on top of the
Rewardapp.Email:MatOsinski
I have added mentioned things, however I do still have an error
This is how my file looks like now
pmangalakader
Have you created the
Rewardapp.Mailerfile with the relevant config:pmangalakader
To send emails, define a mailer module for your application that
uses Bamboo’s mailer.MatOsinski
After creating Mailer.ex
I still can not send emails and I am getting error, that Mailer. deliver_now is undefined.
However, when I change the import
Bamboo.Mailerinto userBamboo.MailerI am getting this in console:pmangalakader
@MatOsinski Can you host your code in github and provide the link for reference? That would make things easier…
MatOsinski
Yes! Could text me in a private message?
pmangalakader
@MatOsinski Kindly look at this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHfGXnrvksQ
That kind of gives the step by step instructions on how to use Bamboo. Hope this helps!
Also this link: Using Bamboo to Send Emails in Phoenix - DEV Community
MatOsinski
Firstly, I would like to say thank you for your help. But unfortunately, I have done everything literally the same, and it is still not working. Error from browser:
# function Mailer.deliver_now/1 is undefined (module Mailer is not available)and from console:
mailer.ex :
mail.ex
The way I am trying to use it (in gran_controller.ex, RewardappWeb.GrantController)
And this is how my mail looks like (or ought to, taken from logs)
1. %Bamboo.Email{assigns: %{}, bcc: nil, cc: nil, from: "rewardapp@gmail.com", headers: %{}, html_body: nil, private: %{}, subject: "You were granted points!", text_body: "You were granted some points! To check, log into your account!", to: "kamig@gmail.com"}MatOsinski
OK. I have handle it, and right now sending emails is available. However, I do still have some troubles
# function Bamboo.SentEmailViewerPlug.init/1 is undefined (module Bamboo.SentEmailViewerPlug is not available)This is how I added it to my router file