GregMefford

GregMefford

Blinkchain

If you want a fun project to hack on over the upcoming holiday, pick up some NeoPixel RGB(W) LEDs for your Raspberry Pi-based Elixir/Nerves device and check out the latest release of blinkchain (formerly known as nerves_neopixel)! :rotating_light: :sparkles::rainbow:

It now supports commands to draw on a mutable 2D virtual canvas (e.g. composed of a bunch of strands or one or more Pimoroni Unicorn hats) instead of having to calculate the updated values for all LEDs manually each “frame.”

Check out the example and let me know what you think!

Note that I’ve currently only published a release candidate to Hex because I’d like to take some time to play with the final product a bit more myself as well as collect feedback from others who might want to try it, before I officially call it 1.0.0.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

AstonJ

AstonJ

This looks really cool Greg! You’ll have to video a demo and upload it for us :003:

I reckon you could possibly sell some kind of system based on this for Christmassy window displays too - not sure about over there, but here in the UK people love putting up lights in their windows through the holiday season, so I reckon it could do rather well!! :lol:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews