Blog Posts: Evangelising Elixir

Update:

How to use the blogs section

You can post in one of the Official Blog Posts threads (like this one), or, via Devtalk and a new thread will be posted in our #learning-resources:blogs section here for each blog post so long as you have an account with the same primary email address on both forums (if you don’t, it will be cross-posted to our general catch all thread).

Please see this announcement for details: Calling all BEAM Bloggers!

:nerd_face:

I came across this nice blog post by @devonestes and thought, since our Blog Posts thread is now huge, wouldn’t it be great to have separate threads for specific kinds of blog posts?

Well let’s start with this one! :003:

If you come across any blog posts that promotes or evangelises (or basically says nice things about Elixir!) please feel free to add them to this thread :023:

11 Likes

Ran across this today, it’s fascinating seeing people’s conversion experiences. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice to see You enjoy Elixir @sihui_io :slight_smile:

2 Likes

totally! :smiley:

6 Likes

@sihui_io nice blogpost. I remember you were playing with iex source code. I wonder your story behind contribute elixir source code. I always want to contribute elixir but i still find elixir source code too complex and scary. As you guess i am new to programing world. I would like to read your contribute story from your perspective

2 Likes

Awesome blog post @sihui_io (and nice find ODL!) :023: I moved the link/comments to this thread too :003:

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement, @dokuzbir! I will share my story next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally get the time to write this out! :smiley:

4 Likes

thanks @sihui_io this is more than my expectation. I just was expecting a simple story but you made a detailed guide. Elixir community always makes me surprised.

2 Likes

Two Years of Elixir at Podium: Thoughts by Trevor Fenn https://link.medium.com/H7ClunTqKT

4 Likes

Brilliant write up by the @podium crew! Great to see they’ve had such a fantastic experience with Elixir :023:

Reading the post also reminded me of this tune :003:

2 Likes