Elixir for a better world!

Hi everyone!
Just a little ashamed since I am not used to do something this public, but: in a spark of need, I created

elixir-for-a-better-world

A repository (openly inspired by projects like awesome-elixir of course) to contain Elixir projects, libraries or companies directly aimed at creating a better world.
Is is obviously quite opinionated, I’ll have to take plenty hands again from awesome-elixir for the PR templating and the whole workflow probably, but…here it is :slight_smile:

If anyone wants to contribute, both here with information/feedback or there with PRs and contributions, I’d be glad to bring a little spark of good vibes in this strange but wonderful world!
I’m mostly interested in sustainability, social impact, eco-friendly projects, but whatever I’m not thinking about is welcome!

Thanks in advance, and…be kind! :heart:

5 Likes

Nice idea. You might want to peruse this earlier thread for anything worth pulling out: "Elixir for Good" community?

A while back I was looking for a job and was hoping to find something actually useful rather than merely making yet more unneeded piles of cash for another cookie-cutter nihilist hyperconsuming investor-punter. Areas of interest to me were things like sustainability in general, climate change related stuff, developing country tech transfer, etc. I wasn’t looking at Elixir (too much of a novice), but I did notice a suprising number of Elixir jobs, particularly in some of the climate-change related tech. So you might want to keep an eye on Elixir job ads for more resource to add to your list.

4 Likes

A while back I was looking for a job and was hoping to find something actually useful rather than merely making yet more unneeded piles of cash for another cookie-cutter nihilist hyperconsuming investor-punter.

This is exactly the drive and one of the side effect I’d like to obtain! Good people finding good stuff!

Super thanks for the link, didn’t find it before with search! I’ll check it out as soon as my working day is over!

1 Like

In all truth my little odyssey didn’t work out particularly well :zipper_mouth_face: In any case I’ll keep an eye out and add to your list if I come across anything. Good luck finding a few fellow travellers.

1 Like

Nice idea! :023:

Although Moodle looks like it’s PHP? GitHub - moodle/moodle: Moodle - the world's open source learning platform

Perhaps you could add urls that link those apps to Elixir? :smiley:

1 Like

It seems moodle has a new backend ongoing as well, as stated here ! But this is a super reminder for me to double check the links!
Thanks for the url suggestions, gonna make it happen!

2 Likes

Duh, I thought the name sounded familiar - I should have searched here first :icon_redface: :lol:

The update looks good :023: