Elixir Forum Update - 2017!

Well 2017 is here, and what a year it’s going to be!

We’ve got lots of awesome stuff for you this year…

• We’ve got not one, but SIX monthly giveaways!
  • We’ve got you discounts on books, videos and Elixir related services!
  • We’ve got a new Members of the Month scheme to reward our most helpful members!
  • We’ve got a sister site pencilled in for later in the year!

Excited? I hope so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

###Giveaways

Every month we will be giving away:

Click on the links above to visit the respective competition sites.

###Members of the Month

Elixir has a fantastic community and an awesome culture of members going out of their way to let others know they appreciate them. With the spirit of this in mind, I have come up with a MOTM scheme where we’ll do our best to thank our most helpful members of the forum - they’ll also get a small gift as a token of our appreciation (a Pragprog ebook of their choice!) :smiley:

See the MOTM thread for more details (I’ll post the thread in the next few days).

###Discounts

Did you think we forgot about everyone else? Nope! As well as the monthly giveaways, to thank all of our members regardless of the amount of time they spend here, we’ve managed to get you some awesome discounts!

• 25% off ANY Pragprog published ebook
  • 25% off ANY Manning published ebook
  • $9 off a DailyDrip subscription
  • 10% off any AppSignal subscription for a year

See the competition sites for details and coupon codes.

###2017 - Another fantastic year!?

As we’ve witnessed on the forum, adoption and popularity of the language grew at a fantastic rate last year. It’s been great seeing people come on to the forum from a variety of backgrounds as this results in a much wider breadth of knowledge and makes for a much more vibrant and interesting community -which itself attracts even more people. So thank you all for being a part of this friendly forum. You may not realise it, but by being an even sporadically helpful member you are doing something towards growing and supporting this community :slight_smile:

Speaking of supporting us, I’d also like to thank all of our esteemed Sponsors who have got involved with the forum - not only are they helping ensure the forum is continued to be hosted and run professionally, but their involvement is what allows us to organise giveaways and deals like the ones mentioned in this thread. Please check them out here.

Well I think that’s about it for this update. There’ll be more later in the year so keep your eyes peeled for that. In the meantime, well done everyone! 2016 was an awesome year - let’s make 2017 even better!

Happy New Year!

25 Likes

First of all thanks for giving us the change to win such awesome prices.

Today, it should be possible to get a bonus entry for the DailyDrip giveaway. The site of the giveaway states:

Today’s bonus entry condition is: Tell us what you’ve been up to! (Elixir-wise!) (see the post in this thread for details).

However, I’m unable to access the linked topic in the forum. Is this intended?

1 Like

thanks for creating and running elixirforum to all of us. :smiley:

i personally have never been this comfortable in a technical community before. this place is a gift.

4 Likes

Sorry, the link should be: What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

I’ll get that fixed :smiley: thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes