joaoevangelista
Hey guys!
So to keep it simple and short
Does Elixir has a mascot? I know that the logo is pending trademark so people can’t use it right now (correct me if I’m wrong). So I thought about having a mascot, also as another way to warm the community, such as Go has Gopher, with a permissive license so people could do some customizations in it and use to promote the language without actually using it’s logo.
We could have some sort of alchemist. Just a discussion in what you guys think of having one.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
There was a discussion similar…
https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/if-elixir-were-an-animal-what-would-it-be/2353
I cannot resist putting my personal choice
Is it about the color? No, it’s about having multiple tentacles…
ryanwinchester
No. Please.
No.
Nicd
No to what? Mascot idea entirely, or the squid, or the forum logo with eyes?
Kurisu
I like the spirit of the octopus !
I would vote for this one.
dokuzbir
And Pip born with my ultimate paint skill. I hope @AstonJ doesnt ban me
joaoevangelista
We might get some more, with the linked post about which animal Elixir would be, because I really liked the bees and we could do something cute with it, and pull up a poll, with the option for none too, so all voices are heard.
If you think its bad a idea, would be interesting to explain why. I brought up the Go usage, because it had a positive impact on the community, probably because they don’t have a logo, but also to keep things off the “enterprise” and have a welcoming face for newcomers
AstonJ
There is an almost unofficial mascot (or at least one of the very early ones) called Drop by @AugieDB:
AstonJ
I also had a brainwave and thought - cute CPU! And this came up in search
Elixir right there!
AugieDB
Looks like Drop gained a few pounds, but it happens as you get older… (No, that’s not autobiographical at all…)
AstonJ
How could we forget you Drop
A family of Drops could cover the concurrency aspect