sjm
Hello Everyone, i hope you are doing fine!
I would like to draw your attention to the Elixir Mentor YouTube channel by Jacob Luetzow.
The videos are obviously free and he just release the first couple of episodes on how to build an GitHub Gist Clone. He also has an older series about how to build an API with Elixir which i also recommend.
He has a nice way of communicating his knowledge and visibly enjoys what he does, which makes it enjoyable to watch his videos.
Regards,
Sebastian
Trending in Screencasts
A new screencast on moving a blocking HTTP fetch into an Oban job. Part 1 of 2. Screencast + full walkthrough:
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ariandanim
Tks Sir, I have already subscribed him from last year
mlambie
I’m also enjoying Jacob’s content and hope he continues to make it.
ajur58
Youtube’s search algorithm is so strange, I kept searching for similar content but this channel never showed up. Thanks for the tip, subscribed
ken-kost
Does he have an account here? Seems like he doesn’t, would be great if he engaged here also.
jacobluetzow
I do have an account, but I’m not here often. I’ll try to do better
rbrugnollo
Hey there. Thanks for this post! I didn’t know the channel, I’ve watched one video and I’m a fan already. Keep on the great work Jacob.
jacobluetzow
Thank you! I love to hear it.
AstonJ
Went on YouTube earlier and this was at the top - well worth a watch, particularly if you’re new to Elixir
Btw @jacobluetzow if you do more podcasts please feel free to post them here
(recommended way is via DT)
jacobluetzow
Thanks for sharing @AstonJ, I’ll make sure to start posting on DevTalk as well. I try to do them every week on Friday, but it’s difficult to schedule consistently.