wintermeyer
At https://elixir-phoenix-ash.com I publish training material for Elixir and Phoenix. Text base tutorials which start at zero. Recently I added material for the Ash Framework. It is a living document which is suitable for beginners.
Preface
Learning Elixir, Phoenix and Ash is a steep climb. No sugar-coating. This book aims to make that ascent less steep. It’s a guide crafted for beginners.
- A step-by-step guide. While no prior knowledge is required, a basic understanding of programming and HTML will be beneficial.
- Bite-sized “Hello World!” code examples. Crafted for comprehension just by reading the code, with added notes for clarity. No abstract programming theories.
- Simplicity is key. My goal is to get you productive ASAP. For in-depth exploration, there are other resources.
- Not a beauty contest. We’re not investing much time in aesthetics. This is not a CSS design book.
If a section doesn’t resonate with you, skip it. You can circle back later if needed. I recommend reading the book in order, but it’s not required.
Stefan Wintermeyer
Trending in Books
Bruce A. Tate @redrapids and Sophie DeBenedetto @SophieDeBenedetto
edited by Jacquelyn Carter @jkcarter
The days of the traditional requ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Eiji
I guess the proper category should be #learning-resources:blogs-podcasts as you simply do not provide any book in print or downloadable (epuib or pdf) format.
Also personally I would add links to
hex.pminstead ofGitHubones. They have a links to documentation andGitHubwith same look making them easier accessible than reading theREADME.mdfiles.wintermeyer
When it is ready I’ll generate a PDF and epub. I don’t want not 100% ready versions out there. But feel free to generate either yourself. The source code is in GitHub. It is an Antora project.
Eiji
I see, makes sense. Just to let you know … the The Little Ecto Cookbook (self-published) (free) was released exactly like that. I was reporting some issues on email and they send me an updated version. Also many books at manning.com are pre released in
MEAP(Manning Early Access Program) version, so that’s definitely not an anti-pattern if you worry about it.I haven’t used
Ashyet, so I will be definitely reading your guide. I knowashis growing and supports lots of stuff inElixirecosystem, but I did not saw anything related toCQRS/ES. I know onlycommandedguides on hexdocs, but I did not found anythingash-related. Maybe you can consider adding a guide aboutashsupport for it (if any) or something like that.