germsvel

germsvel

:wave: Hi everyone,

I’ve been posting short Elixir and Phoenix video tips and tricks for a little while on Twitter.

But now, I’ve consolidated them all in a new website called Elixir Streams. I hope to keep publishing them regularly.

If you’re interested in free short video tips, check it out!

:backhand_index_pointing_right: https://www.elixirstreams.com/

Showing Posts 1 to 10

germsvel

germsvel OP

Just published one on comparing Datetime and Dates in Elixir:

:point_right: https://www.elixirstreams.com/tips/comparing-elixir-datetimes-and-dates

germsvel

germsvel OP

And last week, I posted one on Elixir’s optional syntax!

:point_right: https://www.elixirstreams.com/tips/elixir-optional-syntax

ivanhercaz

ivanhercaz

This one explode my mind! Short and interesting, good combination for video material.

Thank you, @germsvel!

germsvel

germsvel OP

How to run a function N times using the Stream module:

:backhand_index_pointing_right: https://www.elixirstreams.com/tips/run-elixir-function-n-times

iarekk

iarekk

I’ve started building a tiny website with LiveView, learning it on the go, this tip is going to come in super handy: Elixir Streams |> Anatomy of a LiveView Test

germsvel

germsvel OP

So glad to hear that! :flexed_biceps:

germsvel

germsvel OP

Turning maps (and keyword lists) into structs :collision:

:backhand_index_pointing_right: Elixir Streams |> Turn maps (and keyword lists) into structs

germsvel

germsvel OP

Generating infinite sequences with Stream.unfold/2 :exploding_head:

:point_right: Elixir Streams |> Creating infinite sequences with Stream.unfold/2

germsvel

germsvel OP

A short one on how ExUnit is an Elixir app (not just some script that gets run)

:point_right: Elixir Streams |> ExUnit. It's an app!

germsvel

germsvel OP

How a one line change allowed me to get rid of my InfiniteScroll JS hook (thanks for LiveView 0.19).

Check it out! :backhand_index_pointing_right: Elixir Streams |> Infinite scroll with LiveView's `phx-viewport-bottom`

Where Next? Top

Trending in Screencasts Top

Potions
A new screencast on moving a blocking HTTP fetch into an Oban job. Part 1 of 2. Screencast + full walkthrough:
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews