blatyo
Conduit Core Team
Hi everyone! I’ve recently started streaming on twitch whenever I work on open source. Wanted to mention it in case anyone is interested. Twitch
I generally stream around 6:30 PM EST during the work week. I’m not sure exactly what my schedule will be, but I’ve been posting it each day so people who are interested can try to fit it in.
Recently I’ve been working on an SQS adapter for a message queue framework I wrote. Tonight I’ll be doing some work with the SQS API to fetch messages and probably some work with GenStage. There’s a video from last night up as well, where I worked on a supervision hierarchy, a GenStage producer, and unit tests for both.
If you do check it out, I’d love feedback.
Thanks!
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Aloha gang,
There’s a new class of AI model out from TypeSafe. Jev is their flagship model. You can learn about it here:
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
frigidcode
Followed, I am thinking about doing the same myself. Looking forward to following along!
blatyo
Cool, I hope you do. Let me know if you have any questions. This blog post was what got me to finally make the jump: Lessons from my first year of live coding on Twitch
Gives a lot of good advice about how to actually run one.
AstonJ
Why Twitch and not Youtube? I’m wondering whether it might be useful to have them persisted somewhere?
(Or does Twitch keep archives that can be visited later as well?)
blatyo
I personally don’t think of youtube as a streaming platform. If I wanted to find a streamer, I’d look on twitch. As far as archives, twitch will keep previous broadcasts for a short period of time (as long as you enable it). You can export to YouTube to keep it permanently, which is what I do.
blatyo
I’ll be streaming again tonight. I’ll be doing it 8PM-10PM EST. Tonight I’ll be setting up message processing, a registry, and GenStage subscriptions.
OvermindDL1
Really? I use youtube for streaming, it is significantly more reliable than twitch for me (I use linux for note). Plus it has conversations, moderating, various other features like voting and such as well. Youtube is a powerful streaming platform. And you can of course optionally store them or make them public or whatever else as well.
blatyo
All the people I know who stream use twitch. I’m sure YouTube works fine for streaming, I’ve just never gone there to look for an active stream; just archives. I’ve not had a problem with using twitch, but I’ve only been using it this week and I’m on OS X. Twitch has most of the features you mention except voting, but I think it’s common to use a bot to give a lot more functionality in chat. I haven’t really needed anything beyond the basics so far.
AstonJ
That’s good
I’d definitely recommend them being archived as it would seem a waste if they are streamed just once.
Also agree with ODL about YouTube - the streams I’ve seen on there have always been excellent, one of the big ones I saw on Twitch was the Sony/Playstation one I think, and it was good too. I’m sure either is fine so long as they end up persisted somewhere
OvermindDL1
This is the key right here! I’ve tended to ignore twitch streams because most I’ve looked for stop existing when done (I rarely can watch a stream live). ^.^;
blatyo
I’ll be doing another session at 4PM today.