Elixir Users Survey 2017

I’ve just launched the Elixir Users’ Survey 2017

I do these every year. Here are 2014, 2015, and 2016:

I’d love it if you’d share it around with other elixir users you know :slight_smile: The more data we have, the more data the core team and the library authors will have.

This isn’t in any way an official thing, but I think I have a decent track record of doing a bunch of work to gather and collate this data and share it with interested parties :slight_smile:

I also posted this on reddit’s /r/elixir, lobste.rs and the orange website if you felt like promoting it there :taco:

14 Likes

This survey software is great. Good choice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be cheeky, but I’ll give my name at the end :smiley:

2 Likes

You have to stay a little bit anonymous, you know. Give him your username on the forum instead! Oh, wait… :smiley:

1 Like

Pinned for a week :023:

It’s a great idea, just completed the survey :slight_smile: A couple of suggestions:

• I would personally avoid jokes with no actual value (e.g. “Open source is for Communists”);
  • Might be interesting to add more sub-options when someone is in full-time employment, e.g. “Employed — Engineer”, “Employed — Tech Lead”, “Employed — VP/C-level”;
  • Adding company size brackets (e.g. 1-10, 11-50, 51-100, 100+);
  • When applicable, selecting your company industry from a list could be an option (Finance, Sales, etc)
1 Like
  • ML-Flavoured Erlang is also known as Alpaca now, for almost a year. :slight_smile:
  • The off-site javascript is irritating to have to enable to get the page to display anything. :wink:

Awesome! When are the elixir users’ survey results usually scheduled to come out?

1 Like