Papillon6814
Hello.
I often use phoenix for developing web application. My main text editor is vscode because I don’t know a way to write elixir codes with vim… and I don’t know any people who use vim for writing elixir around me.
Does anyone use vim when you write elixir?
I’m interested in .vimrc for elixir.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
axelclark
I use Vim for Elixir. Here is my
.vimrc:https://github.com/axelclark/.cfg/blob/master/.vimrc
I recently set up
vim-projectionistusing an article by @germsvel and it’s been a great addition!https://thoughtbot.com/blog/supercharge-elixir-and-phoenix-navigation-with-vim-projectionist
tangui
Here’s a recent article: Vim as an Elixir IDE.
pmangalakader
If you’re already familiar with Vim, please go ahead and try some of the above suggestions.
Though, if you’re very new to Vim, I’d suggest to try out Vim with minimal setup, so you get the basics right and then add configurations later.
Also, if you can be more specific about what you’re looking for in Vim with regards to elixir, like auto-completion, code snippets, etc., that’d be great for people helping you.
Hope the below articles might help you a bit:
https://medium.com/@siever/setup-vim-for-elixir-development-280a01150152
mhanberg
This details my setup for using the Elixir Language Server (elixir-ls) with Vim: How to use Elixir LS with Vim | Mitchell Hanberg
You will also need to use the elixir language plugin for syntax support GitHub - elixir-editors/vim-elixir: Vim configuration files for Elixir · GitHub
Dusty
Depending on how advanced your Vim requirements are, you may be happy with Vim emulation in VS Code, which still gives you the benefits of the VS Code environment.