ElixirConf 2016 Videos

15 Likes

They titled my video wrong :frowning:

EDIT: and the audio sounds like it was recorded with a coffee filter and some spare wire. awesome.

EDIT2: Fixed the title at least.

4 Likes

Thank you for great informative talk!

3 Likes

Finally some videos, thank you!

4 Likes

I happen to be sick this week so maybe that’s making me particularly grumpy, but is anyone else appalled at the audio quality of the main room? It’s nearly un-listenable.

3 Likes

Brian’s talk was fine. Yours and the Nerves one was pretty bad… it’s honestly funny how in 2016 we still have subpar recordings of people standing still for 20-30 mins.

2 Likes

I’m so psyched about the content, I’m not too bothered…videos to watch! :smile:

1 Like

It’s a bit distracting but given that the content is great it’s not a big deal

2 Likes

Great stuff, this is awesome!

2 Likes

I’m waiting for these videos! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

They said they had issues with 3 talks in the main ballroom. I believe yours is one of three, sorry. :frowning:

2 Likes

And then they were gone:

2 Likes

Considering mine was the first talk in the main ballroom, what are the odds they got it right on the first try? :grimacing:

2 Likes

In case they are not aware of it, this might help in sorting out the distortion:

1 Like

My girlfriend works as a sound engineer and video editor for a national news broadcaster. There is a common expression in her industry which originates from computer science. “garbage in, garbage out”

1 Like

Where there’s a will there’s a way @3even :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way I agree with @andre1sk - it might be a little distracting (perhaps annoying for some) but not a huge deal really, content is great and that’s what matters :023:

3 Likes

Maybe you can dub over your own talk. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Good. My wife has a recording arts degree and a number of friends in the industry and was quite confident further editing could produce a large improvement in speech intelligibility.

1 Like

The keynote from @josevalim is up:

I hadn’t realized that the flow mechanism works much like concurrent Rx! That’s freaking awesome! :103: (There is a great animation around t=40:00)

6 Likes

damn… !!

Genstage and Flow are really awesome.

4 Likes