ElixirConf 2016 Videos

I talked to one of the guys at Confreaks, and he said they took them down because they didn’t like the audio either. They’re working on cleaning them up and getting them re-posted.

3 Likes

A least some of them have been reposted.

3 Likes

Is Chris McCord’s talk pending?

5 Likes

I hope so. I’m still waiting to see it go up.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Boyd’s closing keynote - looking ahead to the next 10 years - how soon?

I’m looking forward to it. I hope they can get it up soon.

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting on it too…although I’m not quite as hopeful as I was, given they’ve moved onto publishing videos from other cons now.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m not holding my breath either. I asked them on Twitter but they never replied. :icon_sad:

2 Likes

Maybe we should organize a digital Meetup for @chrismccord to give his keynote again, second time’s the charm :slight_smile:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Not sure if historically that graphic has the most positive impact initially - even if the actual message is good.

I blame Angular for the baggage/initial knee jerk reaction (Oh no, what are they changing now!).

At least it’s only a 2 tombstone change rather than a 5 tombstone change.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! They’re up! :blush:

2 Likes

I thought about this, but given the “RIP” changes are around code organization only, they aren’t extreme. For example, users who have the “old” project structure from <= 1.2 will be able to upgrade to 1.3 without changing anything, so there is no need to worry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very nice! Are you already working on 1.3? Couldn’t find a branch or so. Also, for those starting a new app now, do you have any recommendations that will make the upgrade easier? Should we try to use 1.3’s structure already?

EDIT: Yes, they’re already working on it. It’s the master branch, actually … Still wondering what’s the best way to start now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! Thank you and the core team members for the professional work and quality :smile:

Should we expect the Programming Phoenix book to receive an update for 1.3?

2 Likes

what is wrong with the audio? :sweat:

i thought for a second that my earphone was broken

1 Like

1 Like