janp

janp

I can’t believe I am the only one having this issue, but I wasn’t able to find a solution :confused:

I used ASDF to install Elixir and Erlang and now I added vim-lsp and vim-lsp-settings to use ElixirLS, but when starting ElixirLS, I get an error that it could not find the elixir sources:

{
  "jsonrpc":"2.0",
  "method":"window/logMessage",
  "params":{
    "message":"Elixir sources not found (checking in /home/runner/work/elixir/elixir). Code navigation to Elixir modules disabled.",
    "type":3
  }
}

It sources the elixir sources in /home/runner/work/elixir/elixir but that directory does not exist. That path comes from Enum.module_info()[:compile][:source] which ElixirLS uses to find the elixir sources:

iex> Enum.module_info()[:compile][:source]
~c"/home/runner/work/elixir/elixir/lib/elixir/lib/enum.ex"

I think it is because ASDF installs pre-compiled Elixir :thinking:

Is it somehow possible to use ElixirLS with pre-compiled Elixir? Or is there anything I need to do differently?

I found Issues with ElixirLS: Elixir sources not found and error while running own Elixir LS Version - #2 by jngcorvus but there someone just cloned the elixir sources to that directory, but this feels wrong.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

lukaszsamson

lukaszsamson

ElixirLS Core Team

That’s a known issue. There was a PR to elixir_sense that added support for custom path to sources but it would need a similar setting and integration on ElixirLS side. Another option would be to return an URI to github source code. Either way, it’s not high on my priority list as I build elixir from sources and navigation to stdlib works correctly on my env.

ataraxian_dax

ataraxian_dax

I chased this issue down for over a week and the solution ended up being an unknown VSCode issue. I had been logged in to VSCode and using Setting Sync so I had many settings and extensions from over the years and I decided to just nuke VSCode and start from scratch. Once removed VSCode and all its associated files and re-installed I downloaded Elixir-LS so it was the only extension I had installed. I ran VSCode from my repo in the terminal and Elixir-LS started compiling my app successfully and once it finished I had full functionality.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews