Rich_Morin
Pete’s Alley is my prototype web site for disability information. It uses TOML data files (with Markdown inclusions) for its content. I’m experimenting with adding a slideshow feature to it and wonder if there is any existing work I should examine. Suggestions?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Hi everyone! I just published bizdays, a library for business day calculations in Elixir, shipping with the Brazilian ANBIMA calendar.
W...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mindok
Hi @Rich_Morin - it depends what you are trying to achieve and what you are comfortable coding in. There are plenty of JS based approaches. If you want to steer clear of that, you could take a look at this: Phoenix LiveView - Change the URL without refreshing the page - not quite a slideshow, but there are a few building blocks in there for displaying and changing images using liveview. You could wire up a server side timer easily enough to update which picture is showing.
Rich_Morin
Thanks! I’m mostly interested in using Markdown to create sets of slides that I can use in presentations and folks can examine later. I like the idea of generating slides as HTML because (with a bit of care) that will play nicely with screen readers.
mindok
Ah, I see… maybe you could learn some tricks from hugo - a static site generator that makes heavy use of toml and markdown.
This links covers slideshows: reveal-hugo/README.md at master · joshed-io/reveal-hugo · GitHub
But relies on reveal.js for user interaction.
OvermindDL1
Reveal.js is basically the go-to thing for web based presentations, very powerful.