I start working on the fork version of Elixir GRPC. What I’ve done is the past few days:
- Support Elixir 1.11+
- Support OTP 23+
- OTP 25 tested only Elixir 1.13 only.
- Partially work on PR Handle OTP 23 24 by dbernheisel · Pull Request #205 · elixir-grpc/grpc · GitHub
- Upgrading libraries. Partially work on PR Update CI and bump deps. by DaniruKun · Pull Request #215 · elixir-grpc/grpc · GitHub
- Work on gun 2.0.0-rc.2. Some project requires to override due to some libraries still using 1.3+. (use official gun 2.0.0-rc.1 version (instead of grpc_gun) by tyler-nguyen · Pull Request #183 · elixir-grpc/grpc · GitHub)
- Upgrade cowlib. No more override it. This could fix Bump cowlib to v2.9.1 in examples by takasehideki · Pull Request #181 · elixir-grpc/grpc · GitHub.
The work on the next iteration:
- Make interop tests pass
- Improve client & server adapter.
- That’s the pending issue Support more HTTP2 clients · Issue #199 · elixir-grpc/grpc · GitHub
The reason that I fork is I start working on GRPC for the past few weeks and found that library quite inactive (or may active but slow progress).
Since I’m quite new on both GRPC and Elixir. If someone expertise in this area, you can suggest or report an the GitHub issue tracker.