Free Elixir Mentorship Sessions

I’ve been working in Elixir for two years this month. I’ve enjoyed the community and the help I’ve received and want to give back in a small way! I’m doing free thirty minute sessions with anyone who’d like to book some of my time.

Here’s the link for those who are interested: Calendly - Brian Petersen.

For those that are interested, here’s some more info.

Are you stuck on a project? Do you need to bounce an idea off someone? Do you need a pair programming session?

Book a free Elixir session with me!

I have experience with

• Phoenix
  • Ecto
  • Absinthe
  • LiveView
  • GenServer
  • Docker
  • and much more

I’ve been working in Elixir for two+ years. I have experience mentoring and teaching Elixir, setting up production servers, docker, and other programming technologies. I want to help you succeed in reaching your goals.

If none of these times work for you, feel free to reach out to me personally and we’ll schedule another time.

What do you get out of this? Whatever you want! I want to help you in anyway you need. I’m focusing on helping beginners out to start - but I’ll gladly help anyone I can.

What do I get out of this? I’m just starting this out. I want to help people (for free) to learn what common problems beginners have. The eventual goal is to design a course that can help others.

30 Likes

hey @luckywatcher i’m a newbie here, a request from my side, it would be very helpful if you record the mentorship sessions and upload to youtube for beginners to learn something

4 Likes

THANK YOU @luckywatcher !!!

3 Likes

This is a great idea! I’ll have to get permission for sure from those I’m meeting, but I love the idea. The things people are asking for help on are definitely topics that are generally helpful.

Thanks for the great suggestion.

2 Likes

I’ve removed the link to book above – it proved difficult to work with.

If you stumble across this and still wish to book a free mentoring session, DM me and we’ll schedule something.

1 Like

Hello man. Your post led me here. I could not figure out how to dm here. I would really appreciate the mentoring session if it is still available.