silverdr
I have a mix release application running in a container but it seems to have problems with cacerts. If I run:
docker exec -it 1773f1bd7685 bin/myapp eval ':public_key.cacerts_get()'
I get:
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :public_key.cacerts_get/0 is undefined or private
(public_key 1.12.0.2) :public_key.cacerts_get()
(stdlib 3.17.2.4) erl_eval.erl:685: :erl_eval.do_apply/6
(elixir 1.16.2) lib/code.ex:572: Code.validated_eval_string/3
What do I need to do in order to have the said function available?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
D4no0
Does it work on your local environment?
silverdr
Yes, it does
LostKobrakai
That version of OTP and elixir are you using?
silverdr
Hmm, if you mean whether I use the same locally and on prod then no… On prod I downgraded OTP to 24 due to the TLSv1.3 horror story I encountered and described in other thread. Elixir is the same (1.16.2) though, although I guess that doesn’t matter much in the case at hand
D4no0
So are you using releases or you build releases on a different host?
silverdr
I build releases using this “builder” image:
D4no0
OTP-24 doesn’t have the
cacerts_get/0inpublic_key: Erlang -- public_keysilverdr
That explains. Is there some kind of equivalent in 24, maybe?
D4no0
All the functionality related to CA checks and loading was introduced starting from OTP-25, you can always fetch them manually from the system.
I’m not 100% sure with what downgrading of OTP helps, but if there are specific algorithms that have holes in them, you can always disable them by configuration.
silverdr
The downgrade was done this morning due to OTP bug introduced in 25 and passed over to 26, which caused critical functionality (email) to suddenly stop working after applying security updates to mail server (sic!)
I see - would you suggest any “proper” way of doing this?