AstonJ

AstonJ

Kicking this thread of with the now infamous talk by Dave Thomas (or at least the best recording of it I can find) - please add any you feel are worth sharing :slightly_smiling:

Showing Posts 1 to 10

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Josh Adams - Introduction to Elixir for Rubyists

sandeshsoni

sandeshsoni

The Joy of Functional Programming - Venkat Subramaniam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__dDAD0Y_WU

Functional programming design patterns by Scott Wlaschin

sashaafm

sashaafm

Does anyone have good quality versions of the confs that took place at Erlang Factory?

The versions I found are quite bad: Design by Contract

It’s hard to hear people speaking and the code and slides are unreadable.

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

sashaafm

sashaafm

Seems better, thank you :slightly_smiling:

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Making Sense of Elixir Directives

What are Directives?

  • Way to declare, import and reference other Modules
  • Elixir has four of them
  • But, but, why?

^ Think require in Ruby, import in Python

^ Elixir has four, all with slightly different purposes. Based on conversation I was having I find them confusing so I dug in a bit

^ Wrote up my gripes, presented them to Jose & Chris McCord. Summary is they agree it’s confusing, but have a hard time figuring out how to change things already set in motion. So, this is my effort to add some clarity to the situation.

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

The Climb Experiencing the Rise of Elixir from the Inside - Bruce Tate & Dave Thomas

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

Just watched the talk above ^^ and have to say it’s very inspiring! “We are all Sherpas”.
We are, and even by being part of the community (adding momentum) we are doing our bit :023:

Edit: this looks good too!

AstonJ

AstonJ OP

RubyBelgium Talks - Andrew Fecheyr: Introduction to Elixir

Where Next? Top

Trending in Talks Top

bartblast
This is the follow-up to my ElixirConf EU talk in Malaga, which was mostly about the local-first problem and where sync engines stand on ...
New
CodeSync
The Everything App - Lars Wikman | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class="hashtag-icon-placeholder"><...
New
CodeSync
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash &amp; Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY ...
New
CodeSync
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
CodeSync
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New Comments...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews