OrontaMedu
Similar to Question on :application.get_key(:my_app, :module)
Why will the 1st call return :undefined, whereas the 2nd will do a list of modules?
defmodule App123.ModLoad do
defmacro __using__(opts) do
quote bind_quoted: [opts: opts] do
var1 = :application.get_key(:app123)
IO.puts("****:application.get_key: #{Kernel.inspect(var1)}")
# :undefined
# why?
var2 = :code.all_loaded()
IO.puts("****:code.all_loaded: #{Kernel.inspect(var2)}")
# a list of modules
# ...
# ............
What I need is a list of modules obtained within a macro, and which I’ll then work on with:
var3 = :application.get_key(:app123, :modules)
# some work with var3
# filter out some of them
# then --> generate a module attribute
However, even var1 is :undefined
Why? And how to fix this?
Namely, the desired result will be that I’ll call use App123.ModLoad in other module(s) – App123.Module2 – which then will generate a certain module attribute – @my_modules – with a list of certain modules I need. At the compile time..
defmodule App123.Module2 do
use App123.ModLoad
def func1 do
# now I'll have access to @my_modules
# which contains the modules I need
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
Sorry that nobody responded yet.
As a general advice, try and make a small public project on GitHub that demonstrates the issue. In my observations people will be more willing to engage then.