blisscs
As I understand :application.get_key(:my_app, :module) lists all of compiled modules under the :my_app application. I have a question when we create a module during runtime. The created module is not listed as a result of running application.get_key(:my_app, :module)
Please see the case before -
defmodule MyAppTest do
use ExUnit.Case
doctest MyApp
test "get modules" do
defmodule MyApp.A do
def a(), do: "a"
end
assert "a" == MyApp.A.a() # This one works
{:ok, modules} = :application.get_key(:my_app, :modules)
assert MyApp.A in modules # Why this line is failing. How can I get all the compiled modules at this time?
after
purge(MyApp.A)
end
defp purge(module) do
:code.delete(module)
:code.purge(module)
end
end
Are there any other functions to fetch for the compiled modules at the current time?
I am doing as above, I only want this module during the test time and only for this specific test, i.e, I don’t want this module to be available during running other tests.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
The list returned from
:application.get_key/2is compiled from the applications manifest, which again is created by mix.Runtime created modules do not belong to any application, and as far as I remember there is no way to get a list of them.
Though you might be able to use
:code.all_loaded/0to get a list of all currently loaded modules.blisscs
@NobbZ
Thank you for recommending of using
:code.all_loaded/0. After I tried, I am seeing that some of modules that we got from :application.get_key(:my_app, :module) are still missing in the:code.all_loaded/0also.From what I understand that all module list that we get from
:application.get_key(:my_app, :module)for a specific application should always exist in:code.all_loaded/0also. But it is not.NobbZ
Enable embedded mode in your
mix.exsand try again. The default is to lazy load modules. Embedded mode will load all modules at VM boot time.