Hello Elixir World (Introductions thread)

stickies
community

Hi, I’m Sarat from Bangalore (India). I’m a React, ROR dev and an elixir enthusiast.

Welcome to the community, @kalbir, @farazhaider and @sarat1669 :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re here.

I’m sure the Elixir community would welcome any contributions to the infrastructure and deployment story, be it blog posts, libraries, etc. There is a lot of potential for improvement in that area.

As an “odds-and-ends-scripter,” I know the feeling all too well :slight_smile:

Cool! I don’t know much about blockchain myself, but I know there’s a sub-group of developers in the Elixir community who are into that. You might want to follow Anna Neyzberg for some leads.

Here is a relevant talk that she gave at ElixirConf US 2018:

There are many former Rubyists around here, so you’re in good company :slight_smile:

Good on you for taking that scary step and making the career you want to have. :+1:

That would be awesome and a very welcome addition to the community!

Hi, this is YekSoon from Singapore.

I move between Singapore, HK and China. Those are our key markets.

We are building a new platform targeting fast growing startups in China.

And is evaluating Phoenix as a contender

Hey there! My name is Johnathon.

I picked up Programming Elixir 1.6, Programming Phoenix Beta, and Programming Ecto Beta . . .

I plan on rebuilding my companies website. Wish me luck!

Hi all! My name is Stefan, I am from Slovakia (that’s in Europe :smile:)

After years of PHP, Ruby, Objective-C and Swift, I am doing Elixir/Phoenix full-time for almost 2 months now and I love it. It feels so good to write so simple, testable and powerful code.

Now I just need to wrap my head around the deployment. :sweat_smile:

Have a nice day.

Welcome!

LOL :grin:

The good news about this is that deployment has improved recently. And there is a lot of ongoing effort to improve it further - so hang in there!

Hey! My name is Felipe and I live in South Florida.

I come from a few years of Ruby/Rails and Common Lisp web development. Prior to that I had a short stint doing C#/.NET.

Hi, I’m Rubi, From Papua, Indonesia

Hi, all. I’m Nick from Louisiana (United States). I’m a senior software developer @newaperio, specializing in Elixir. My other interests include tabletop gaming, game design, and the Vim text editor.

Cheers! :purple_heart:

:wave: Hey Elixir Forum. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I’m the founder of @newaperio where I work with @ngscheurich and others. Elixir Forum was a big help as I was learning Elixir (coming from a mostly Rails background) and we’re excited to be new sponsors of the forum!

Hey! My name is Boris and i’am from Russia.

I was working with RoR before Elixir, I’am very passionate about programming. I working as full time fullstack at outsource company.My strongest skills is API/graphql, and weakness is SQL so i hope i will close gap by using ecto. Right now, i’am very focused at opensource development in my free time, so if your lib need some help feel free to hit me up.

Hi!

My name is Olli and I am a web/mobile developer from Finland. I mostly write JavaScript and TypeScript, but I have used several other languages too, including Haskell.

My greatest passion is functional programming and I’m about to learn Elm, OCaml, ReasonML and Clojure in the future. I have used Elixir for about six months now, mostly for my hobby projects.

This isn’t my first post on this forum, I have been busy asking noob questions in the Questions / Help section. :wink:

Hey everyone! I’m Adam.
I’m a software engineer in Chicago currently working with ruby/rails. I’ve been learning Elixir for the past year and have loved it! I’m hoping to find some interesting distributed applications to work on.

Hello! I’m Marco.

I’m a programmer from Germany. I played around with Elixir every now and then in recent years, but finally I’m looking into it for real.

I also enjoy all things Vim and Neovim; especially writing plugins for it. I already have a plugin that integrates mix format and have plans for more. Using Elixir with Vim should be as seamless as possible! :sunglasses: