Hello Elixir World (Introductions thread)

The obligatory hello world thread!

Who are you and where are you from? :stuck_out_tongue:

21 Likes

Hello World, I am Fabio from Italy, nice meet you all :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello all, I’m Aston from South Wales (UK).

I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and reading how you get on with or have been getting on with Elixir. As many of you know functional programming is a paradigm shift from what most of us will have been used to, so reading about your experiences will be very interesting :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello World, this is Sharath Kumar.

Still a beginner for elixir but hope to do well in it with the help of pros of elixir community.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Hello world, I am Darrell from Canada. New to Elixir, but an old telephone engineering type, so Elixir is déjà vu all over again. :slightly_smiling:. I’m looking forward to learning lots here on this forum.

6 Likes

Hi! Sebastian from Poland. Rails guy.

6 Likes

Hello. My name is Karmen. I live in Idaho, USA.

6 Likes

Hello to all. This is Matt Szpyrka from Las Vegas.

6 Likes

Hello , Roger from Norway, mainly coming from low level languages to JS , then finding Elixir a breath of fresh air from absurdities that exist in JS. Loving every second of Elixir programming. Seriously this is just as fun as making a balloon go over the screen of a c64.

11 Likes

Hey everyone! Los Angeles, USA. :wave:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sasha. I was born in Italy, but have been living in Portugal since a young age. I’m finishing my Master’s Degree and I’m using Elixir and Phoenix for my Master’s Thesis :smiley:

13 Likes

Hello, I’m Chris, a developer living in Las Vegas, USA. I’ve been picking up elixir in little pieces as I can’t (yet, hopefully) use it for my day job.

6 Likes

Python, JS and PHP developer from Montreal.

6 Likes

Hello from Tangerang Selatan, Indonesia :relaxed:
(JS, Rails, Elixir)

8 Likes

Hello World! :wave:

I am Sandesh Soni, from India. :slight_smile:

I work remotely; mostly develop SaaS applications.

I freelance as a Rails dev.
Flirting with Elixir from a few months

My next project will be developed using Elixir and Phoenix :smiley:

8 Likes

“Hello World” |> IO.puts

I’m living in a small lovely town just northwest of Hamburg, Germany and studying CS.

When I am not playing with my 4-years old son, I do either do study-related stuff, try to dig deeper into programming on my own, do something with my wife or simply relax in front of my PS4 playing Fallout 4.

I have already diverged from most of my co-students, which stick to languages taught at the university, but I am very keen on functional programming since the first semestre (where we got a short introduction using Haskell). Most of my Hobby-Coding is related to FP in one or another way.

Also I have a university-project right now, which involves documenting, refactoring and extending a piece of erlang software, which was developed a few years ago at my university for programming contests. Due to the installed erlang version at the university I have to maintain compatibility to OTP-16B3 (which is really a burden I think).

17 Likes

Nice to see we have members from all over the world here :003: welcome everyone :023:

7 Likes

Hi, Laurent from south of France.
I’m a freelance python/django developper, dipping my toes into Elixir.
Thanks a lot for this forum.

10 Likes

Glad to see you here. We’re looking forward to hearing more from you!

7 Likes

Hello, I’m Yurii from Ukraine. I have some background in C/C++ and C#. And now I’m trying to actively move in Elixir, JS and I hope Elm direction :slight_smile:

10 Likes