Hello Elixir World (Introductions thread)

I should have joined up a long time ago just to lurk more conveniently. At the time I mainly felt I was quite a bit behind to have useful things as answers and had managed to find answers to my questions without actually asking. I have much enjoyed reading a lot of useful and interesting threads though and hopefully I’ll be in a position to help someone out at some point. Thank you for the warm welcome

5 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Dan but i am usingwolfiton as my nickname and I come from Romania. I know that a lot of people don;t know a lot about my country so instead of me saying some things about it.I think it’s better to let this videos show you what Romania is about.

Fastest Dance in the World Calusul

This is just a glimpse about Romania.

I joined this forum after reading a lot at first as a visitor, after a while I discovered that this community is different. It is build on friendship and help is a natural thing when you ask for it. Also the people value and respect each others contributions to a thread or discussion that takes place on the forum.

As i said in the past I am very honored to be part of this community.

12 Likes

Hello Elixir Forum community,

I’m William from France.
I’ve just finished my studies and I work at Thales. I work on an MES (Manufacturing Execution System) in an industrial context.

11 Likes

Hello All,
I am from Poland, and recently pretty excited about FP!

11 Likes

Hello everyone! Am greyhwndz and is into Elixir as a newbie!

11 Likes

Hello World! I am Ishan from India. I am a CS undergrad and have development experience in Go and Python. I am fairly new to the world of functional programming languages. I am planning to learn Erlang this term.

10 Likes

Hi, this is Kacper. I have experience with some languages, but the strongest background in Node.js powered by Typescript. I’ve been playing with our beloved Elixir for 1 year and currenlty working on my personal projects after hours. Nice to be here! :nerd_face:

9 Likes

thank you for the helpful post, @eaverdeja!

5 Likes

Hello World! I am Ilija, based in The Netherlands. Fan of Elixir, experienced in Ruby and somewhat in Go. Studying Elixir hard nowadays, reading/watching through the essential materials. Great to be here! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hi, I’m Josh. I’m learning Elixir in order to use it on my next projects. I’ve also gone through a couple of Erlang courses but haven’t built anything with it yet.

11 Likes

Hi, I am Bharat, I don’t know elixir. But I have to use elixir in my next project. Looking to buy Elixir in Action and get hands on with elixir.

11 Likes

Hi, I’m Mazz. I’m a Javascript developer for 7 years. I just started with Elixir and enjoying every minute.
Reading Elixir in Action, great book to get started with Elixir for an experienced developer.
I’m on Twitter @mazz_seven trying to tweet on my Elixir journey

13 Likes

Ah good to see someone else from south wales, do you know any kind of elixir groups around cardiff?

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m Simon in South Wales, and I come from frontend development and that wild west of javascript … angular, react, knockout, vue, jquery, semantic markup, bootstrap, ae animations in lottie etc etc etc … god I’ve been doing this too long :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome Simon! Nice to have another Elixir user in Wales - think that’s 4 of us now :lol:

Perhaps at some point we can have a forum get-together… and try and get everyone to come out here to Wales :003:

I was actually speaking to someone from the US today and literally half of the conversation was about Wales :icon_redface: (luckily they were already interested, being fans of Gavin and Stacey no less!) :lol:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Christian from Colombia. Have some background in Ruby and have been working as a UI developer using Angular. Started learning Elixir a year ago. I’ve read a bunch of books on the subject and have been making pet projects to improve skills.

8 Likes

Hi I’m William from Kenya (working in Berlin). I have a background in Ruby as well and have mainly practiced as a full stack developer. My company switched from using Rails at the core of our projects to Phoenix about a year ago. I learned enough elixir to survive but I’m now super interested in learning the ecosystem in depth.

14 Likes

Hello, I’m Beatriz, I’m from Brazil and I’m fairly new in the programming world. At the moment I program a few in C and I am starting in Elixir.

14 Likes

Hello world, I am Tenzil from India. A Rails guy but now into Elixir. :heart:, Its been quite a few months. And i am looking forward to transform ideas , build project/products in Elixir Phoenix.

10 Likes

Hello, I’m Romenig from Maceió-AL, Brazil but actually living in Donostia, Spain.
I’m a RoR dev and actually learning Elixir, Phoenix and in the weekends JavaScript.

10 Likes