hakarabakara

hakarabakara

Hi,

I have the following coniguration in my releases.exs

  config :botclient, MyAPP.Mailer,
   adapter: Bamboo.SendGridAdapter,
   api_key: System.get_env("sendgrid_key"),
   hackney_opts: [
     recv_timeout: :timer.minutes(1),
     connect_timeout: :timer.minutes(1),
     ssl_options: [
       versions: [:"tlsv1.2"]
     ]
   ]

Whenever I try to send an email, I’m always getting the following message with or without the hackney_opts

** (Bamboo.ApiError) {:options, {:sslv3, {:versions, [:"tlsv1.2", :"tlsv1.1", :tlsv1, :sslv3]}}}

I have tried to read through the documentation to check whether I’m missing something but there’s nothing more in terms of configuring Bamboo to use SSL. I will appreciate any form of assistance

Showing Posts 1 to 4

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

My sendgrid config is a little bit different…

config :emailer, Emailer.Mailer,
  adapter: Bamboo.SendGridAdapter,
  api_key: "my key...",
  # can be `:always` or `:never`
  tls: :if_available,
  # or {:system, "ALLOWED_TLS_VERSIONS"} w/ comma seprated values (e.g. "tlsv1.1,tlsv1.2")
  allowed_tls_versions: [:tlsv1, :"tlsv1.1", :"tlsv1.2"],
  # can be `true`
  ssl: true,
  retries: 1,
  # can be `true`
  no_mx_lookups: false,
  # can be `:always`. If your smtp relay requires authentication set it to `:always`.
  auth: :if_available
hakarabakara

hakarabakara OP

interesting, let me try this and let you know how it goes

hakarabakara

hakarabakara OP

Same result. Where’s this documentation so that I can go over it and look at other configuration options?

darnahsan

darnahsan

you might need to update hackney in your deps, I had the same error when I updated elixir bumped in to this and after updating hackney all is good now

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews