bdarla

bdarla

Dear all,

After upgrading Erlang to version 23.0, a previously working project stopped working and I am getting the following error when the HTTPoison is called:

** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, %HTTPoison.Error{id: nil, reason: {:options, {:sslv3, {:versions, [:“tlsv1.2”, :“tlsv1.1”, :tlsv1, :sslv3]}}}}}

Does anyone else get a similar behaviour? Any hints for a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Showing Posts 1 to 7

JeyHey

JeyHey

First guess: tlsv1.3 was added and sslv3 was removed in OTP 23 according to the release notes.

stefanchrobot

stefanchrobot

bdarla

bdarla OP

Thank you for the hint!

I would like to elaborate a bit more here to assist others facing a similar problem.

I have changed mix.exs by adding in deps:
{:hackney, github: “benoitc/hackney”, override: true}

Moreover, I have modified the usage of HTTPoison to set the options, e.g.:

options = [ssl: [{:versions, [:“tlsv1.2”]}]]

{:ok, %HTTPoison.Response{body: body, headers: _headers}} =
HTTPoison.get(, , options)

(UPDATE)
It seems that the change in the mix.exs file is not necessary.

theagilecoder

theagilecoder

I am calling a bunch of external APIs at different places in my phoenix app. Will I have to do this change everywhere or is there a possibility of new httpoison release in the near future ?

bdarla

bdarla OP

I do not know anything about future versions of HTTPoison. If you can tolerate waiting, then it might work.

barttenbrinke

barttenbrinke

Ah thanks for this!

BrightEyesDavid

BrightEyesDavid

Now that hackney 1.16.0 is released, we can get the fix into projects with:

$ mix deps.update hackney

In my project this gives me:

Upgraded:                                                                                                                                                     
  certifi 2.5.1 => 2.5.2                                                                                                                                      
  hackney 1.15.2 => 1.16.0                                                                                                                                    
  idna 6.0.0 => 6.0.1                                                                                                                                         
  ssl_verify_fun 1.1.5 => 1.1.6                                                                                                                               
  unicode_util_compat 0.4.1 => 0.5.0 (minor)                                                                                                                  
* Updating hackney (Hex package)                                                                                                                              
* Updating certifi (Hex package)                                                                                                                              
* Updating idna (Hex package)                                                                                                                                 
* Updating ssl_verify_fun (Hex package)                                                                                                                       
* Updating unicode_util_compat (Hex package)

And TLS HTTP requests are once again working. Thanks!

17
Post #7
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews