ericmj

ericmj

Elixir Core Team

We are announcing the addition of private packages on Hex.pm. With private packages you can publish packages to Hex.pm that only your organization members can access and download. With your organization you get a repository namespace on Hex.pm so that your private packages will not conflict with packages in the global, public repository. Go check out the documentation Private packages | Hex to learn exactly how it works and go the sign up form https://hex.pm/dashboard/signup to request access to the beta.

Link to full announcement: Private packages and organizations | Hex

Showing Posts 1 to 10

AstonJ

AstonJ

Fantastic idea! I reckon it is going to be a huge success :023:

PatNowak

PatNowak

I totally agree with that idea. I hope I will manage to persuade my boss to use it. I thought about it for a long time, because it’s way much better than using private GitHub repos.

I hope other will gonna love the idea as well.

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

Do you know what will be the pricing, if any?

bitboxer

bitboxer

We can’t wait to use it at wooga. And perfect timing. We nearly configured our own hex.pm instance. Looking forward to try it out. Way more convenient than hosting our own :slight_smile:

ericmj

ericmj OP

Elixir Core Team

The pricing is not decided yet but it will be free to use while we are in beta which is expected to run for a few months. The price will be based on the costs of running the new infrastructure required to support private packages and the interest in the service during the beta. We will have a pricing model similar to NPM and GitHub where there is monthly fee based on the number of members in your organization.

Open source projects and organizations can use the service for free, but keep in mind that packages will only be visible to members of the organization.

GoGoGarrett

GoGoGarrett

Great!

We’ve been wishing for the feature for awhile now at Blake Education

Thanks a lot for adding!

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

It seems the api has changed since writing the documentation:
mix hex.organization add acme
should be
mix hex.organization auth acme

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

That’s perfect. Will it have hexdocs.pm integration at some point too? I think that’d be killer feature for me, making it very much preferred over private GH repos.

ericmj

ericmj OP

Elixir Core Team

Thanks, it has been fixed now.

Yes, that’s what we are working on right now. Hexdocs requires more work since it needs to change from static file hosting to a server with authentication and needs subdomain isolation between organizations so that cookies cannot be stolen or XSS attacks performed.

Neurofunk

Neurofunk

Hi! Living with an unreliable internet connection, I was wondering when we would have support for multiple hex sources. I think the subject has been mentioned a couple of times on IRC, but I’d like to know if it’s actually planned to enable that. :slight_smile:

Where Next? Top

Trending in News Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews