nallwhy
When using phx-submit in a form within LiveView, I want to include data from other elements connected via hooks in the params.
I thought sending an event to the specific element using JS.dispatch/2 and then having that element send a LiveView event back along with the form data would work, but I have no idea how to retrieve the form data.
Below is the example code.
** I want to handle multiple hook elements in a form.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sevensidedmarble
You could do it in JS, but it would be a lot easier if you could just make your input elements in the DOM structured the way you need for them to submit right.
nallwhy
It’s a good idea for simple inputs.
But it’s not efficient when the value of input is too large and changed frequently (e.g. large HTML post from editor) or the input is complicated (e.g. multi select. I have no idea how to update it.).
mindok
Hi @nallwhy,
If you are using a sophisticated JS component (e.g. Quill, TipTap), probably the easiest way is to wire up an event handler for your Javascript component I the
mountfunction of your liveview hook. That event handler can then push what’s needed to your liveview process usingpushEventorpushEventTo. You then need to writehandle_eventfunctions in your liveview (or live component) as normal.This link explains it: How to connect Quill with Phoenix using Quill as an example. I used this as a reference for wiring up the TipTap editor library.
An example multi-select component for liveview is available via a library - GitHub - saleyn/phx-multi-select: Phoenix LiveView MultiSelect Component · GitHub - you could take a look in there for more inspiration on how to wire things together.
mindok
There’s another post covering the wire-up to Trix editor: