ramondelemos
Is someone using the TDS adapter to connect to MSSQL in the production environment? What are the limitations? I need only insert and update to one single table.
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josevalim
That should be complete fine. A few of Dashbit clients use TDS for more complex operations than that.
mindok
So the only limitation I have come across is NTLM/integrated authentication. There’s been some work done to address it but I’m not sure where it is at. Otherwise, TDS works great for me in a small department line of business application.
If you do need integrated auth, MsSQLEx (GitHub - findmypast-oss/mssqlex: Microsoft SQL Server Adapter for Elixir · GitHub) works (I used it “raw”, without Ecto, vendored it into my project and tweaked some of the data type conversions to suit the project). However, it sits on top of Erlang’s ODBC implementation, and system installed drivers, so there are a few more potential points of failure. Also, text fields have limited length: Text type restricted to maximum length of 4000 · Issue #2 · findmypast-oss/mssql_ecto · GitHub. It also appears somewhat abandoned in favour of TDS. Definitely run with TDS if you can.
cmo
+1. I use it in a read only fashion.
The datetime types can be a bit annoying if the data is actually stored with precision of 7. If you control the creation of tables it’s not an issue.
akoutmos
Currently using it in production and it has been working perfectly. I have a Postgres backed repo for my application data and then a TDS repo for a specific integration that I need. Running both side by side works great.
hectorsq
I am using it to read/write a legacy mssql database with about 300 tables and millions of records with no problem.
It seems that using references keyword in table migrations do not work, but that is not a big problem, you can define your columns without using references.
Many of the tables use a non integer primary key. Ecto handles them with any problem.