psprakashkkdi

psprakashkkdi

I want to concatenate three or more maps in a same hierarchy in a loop.
I am having one loop which returns me a map , i want to show like

{
 {loop1: "some val"},
 {loop2: "some val"},
 {loop3: "some val"}
}

If i use compose its coming like

{
{
 {loop1: "some val"},
 {loop2: "some val"}
},
 {loop3: "some val"}
}

Showing Posts 1 to 8

tiagodavi

tiagodavi

It depends on what you are doing. Please show the code using some tool. I think it’ll be easier to understand your problem.

peerreynders

peerreynders

You mean like this?

$ elixir demo.exs
%{
  key64: %{key41: %{key1: "value1"}, key42: %{key2: "value2"}},
  key65: %{key53: %{key3: "value3"}}
}
%{key1: "value1", key2: "value2", key3: "value3"}
$
# file: demo.exs
defmodule Demo do
  # ...
end

map1 = %{key1: "value1"}
map2 = %{key2: "value2"}
map3 = %{key3: "value3"}
map4 = %{key41: map1, key42: map2}
map5 = %{key53: map3}
map6 = %{key64: map4, key65: map5}

IO.inspect(map6)
map7 =
  map6
  |> Demo.to_list()
  |> Map.new()
IO.inspect(map7)
pmangalakader

pmangalakader

@psprakashkkdi This can help you a bit

Eg. if your Key-Value pairs are in this format (in your example you have given tuple, but I guess this should be list like specified below):

list = [[ %{loop1: "val"}, %{loop2: "val"}],%{loop3: "val"}]
iex(1)> Enum.concat(list)
[%{loop1: "val"}, %{loop2: "val"}, %{loop3: "val"}]

I hope this is what you are looking for…

psprakashkkdi

psprakashkkdi OP

Thanks @pedromvieira i got the solution.I have went through the documentation.

psprakashkkdi

psprakashkkdi OP

Thanks @peerreynders for the help.Clear explanation.

psprakashkkdi

psprakashkkdi OP

Thanks @pmangalakader it worked

psprakashkkdi

psprakashkkdi OP

mate @tiagodavi i got the solution.Thanks for the time.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews