Linuus
Hi!
I want to dabble with Nerves and thought about building some kind of info display with a Raspberry Pi and a Hyperpixel display.
Does Nerves/Scenic support this display? If not, are there any resources on how to build support for it? I’m not very well versed in embedded.
The display is this one, without touch: HyperPixel 4.0 - Hi-Res Display for Raspberry Pi
Hmm maybe it doesn’t need to support it explicitly? I just read some article about using an eink display and it had a specific library but maybe that’s a special case I guess?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
elcritch
Take a look at E-ink display - Inky library shout out & showcase for an idea of how they made a scenic backend for eink devices.
Also stop by the Slack Nerves and Scenic channels, the guys who ported got a lot of help there.
elcritch
NVM the info for eink, which are a special case. That display looks like a standard lcd. The trick there would be building a Raspberry pi image with kernelnmodules for driving that tft display. AFAIK, the regular scenic rpi3/glws should work if the kernel modules are there.
GregMefford
That looks like a nice display! If you already have one, it would be interesting to see whether you can get it working easily with Nerves! I only looked briefly at how the installer works, but it looks like maybe it’s just some Device Tree files that you could include and configure using the
rootfs_overlayoption in your Nerves project.Let us know if you’re planning to give it a try and if you get stuck!

Linuus
I ended up buying this Adafruit PiTFT 2.2 HAT Mini Kit - 320x240 2.2 TFT - No Touch : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits instead. It’s enough for this project. I’ll probably get the hyperpixel for another project though