chrix75
Hi,
After many years in JVM development (Java, Groovy,Clojure, …) I’ve decided try Elixir language and try to enter un Erlang world ![]()
My first question is about IDE. I’m used to develop with Intellij. Is it a good solution with the latest Elixir plugin ?
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
There is this thread about a plugin for Elixir for Intellij here.
Hope it helps…
AstonJ
It’s certainly growing in popularity and @KronicDeth is doing a great job keeping the plugin updated
I keep meaning to try it out myself (as well as plain ol Emacs).
sinobra
I had been using InteliJ’s Rubymine for editing Ruby. I have installed the Elixir plugin and have been using the editor to edit Elixir files.
With the plugin, Rubymine understands the basic syntax pretty well. It catches the syntax errors that I commit when writing code. And the code formatting works. So, I am pretty happy with it.
ShalokShalom
IntelliJ counts to the few applications, who turn the fans at my laptop on.
I used the Python Eduction edition, to be precise.
Is this common?
mithereal
ive been using it for about 6 months 8 hrs a day with the elixir plugin yes it does understand syntax, but its atrocious with indentation, coupled with all the bugs from the ide like indexing forever, actually trying to index your home vs the project dir
i decided ultimately its not for me, too many issues ex. saving the elixir file i was editing but only in the ide, when the files i changed/saved were viewed in vi or emacs the changes werent there, it was like it didnt actually save the files but only in mem there this happened a few days ago!!! and then theres all the bloat, i really only use the ide for syntax highlighting, the hundreds of features needed in other programming languages are un-necessary in elixir imho atom is just an all around better editor,