Sidi_Mohammed
Hello,
I have a custom layout for use in a pipeline as
pipeline :admin_required do
plug MyAppWeb.Plugs.AuthAdmin
plug :put_root_layout, ...
plug :put_layout,...
and plug it as
scope "/admin" do pipe_through [:admin_required]
get "/"...
get "/data"...
live "/dashboard"...
end
For the two get routes everything works fine, but for the live route the custom layout is not rendered, why please ?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mindok
Hi @Sidi_Mohammed - a bit more information is needed to provide you with any help. e.g. is an error displayed? Is there an error in the logs? What is your actual
live "/dashboard"...definition? (i.e. what is “…”). What does the liveview code look like relating to the definition.Sidi_Mohammed
Hi @mindok,
No erros are shown in the logs, the definition for my
liveroutes are very simple, and all work fine except the rendering of the custom layout that didn’t work.I tried to render it when mounting the socket and it was rendered, so I think maybe in LiveView this is the only way to render it
karim-semmoud
If I understand correctly you have one root and 2 layout lets call them app(the original) and admin
To decide with Live View will be using which layout you need to edit your
MyappWeb.exThe original is as follow, keep it as it is
Create a new one under
and then in your Admin Live View you do
Sidi_Mohammed
Thank you @karim-semmoud for your help, this is exactly what I was looking for