Maintainer Wanted: ExAws

Hey everyone.

I really do appreciate the outpouring of support. If all that was needed to move forward with the library was willing and helpful people then the project would be in great hands.

However what the community really needs is someone who has the time and vision to re-imagine how to do an AWS client from the ground up. ExAws’s approach places far too high a burden on maintainers to keep everything up to date.

CargoSense has officially moved off of AWS to GCP, which seems like the right time to declare what is already true: ExAws is deprecated and will not receive further updates.

Thanks to all of you who have put time and effort into it over the years. I’m sure the next library will benefit from that same interest and passion.

14 Likes

Updating this thread to acknowledge that someone stepped up as maintainer: https://github.com/ex-aws/ex_aws/commit/2dff9bc41ad57e7912b73cfd21341d8797d4acd0

2 Likes

yup! Bernard and I had a great chat earlier this week, I’m definitely excited about the future of the project. Maybe a mod can close this out at this point?

4 Likes

Please see: New ExAws maintainer