Ankhers
Hello everyone!
I am looking for one or more individuals to take over the mongodb and mongodb_ecto packages. My company no longer uses MongoDB and I have not really been keeping up with the packages as much as I should. If anyone is interested in taking over the package, or just helping out with it, let me know and I will do what I can in order to help you get started with the codebase.
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
Probably I will be tasked to maintain it anyway, as my current company already does that as we added few features (transactions) to Your driver.
Ankhers
If you want, I can give you commit access to the repository. Or, if you prefer, I can transfer the repository to the organization/user of your choosing.
deadtrickster
We can move it over to our organization, what I have to do?
Ankhers
I just need the organization name on GitHub, as well as at least one hex.pm account name so you can continue to push updates.
deadtrickster
josevalim
Thank you @deadtrickster and @hauleth for stepping up to maintain it.
Ankhers
I just finished transferring the packages and wanted to say thank you to @deadtrickster and @hauleth, as well as anyone else at KOBIL Systems for taking over these packages!
peoj
@deadtrickster @hauleth - it looks like the
mongodbandmongo_ectopackages could do with some TLC. I had a quick look today what it might take to provide ecto 3.x compatibility but I quickly got stuck in broken tests so I thought I’d ask first. Do you have any plans to provide any updates soon, and if not do you have any guidance on what needs to be updated?Thanks!
johnnyshields
At TableCheck we’d really love to see these better maintained as well. We are a Ruby/Elixir + Mongo company but TBH the experience using Elixir+Mongo has been rocky at best – especially compared to Ruby’s fantastic Mongoid library.
If looks like zookzook/elixir-mongodb-driver has now eclipsed kobil-systems/mongodb in terms of functionality. I would propose there should be a project to move
mongo_ectoto use thezookzookdriver and also upgrade to Ecto 3. We could commit some resources to this on our end if others are willing to help as well.peoj
Glad you agree.
I’m happy to put in some effort but it’d be really great if one of the maintainers could give an idea of what’s required to give a little head start!
As for the choice of mongo driver, I have no strong opinions; the existing one seems fine for most purposes. Whatever gives us the best way for encouraging further contributions and better maintenance going forward.