Qqwy
TypeCheck Core Team
I am trying to create a photobooth using a Raspberry Pi 3, the Raspberry camera and a touch screen.
Currently I bought a WaveShare 3.5 inch RPi LCD as touch screen, but I just found out they only provide drivers for Raspbian and Ubuntu Mate. (Which seem to be identical to this: GitHub - goodtft/LCD-show: 2.4" 2.8"3.2" 3.5" 5.0" 7.0" TFT LCD driver for the Raspberry PI 3B+/A/A+/B/B+/PI2/ PI3/ZERO/ZERO W · GitHub)
I am currently running the Kiosk Rpi3 nerves system.
I’d like to know:
- Is there a way to make this work for Nerves (without writing the drivers myself
) ? - If not, is there a touchscreen (maybe the ‘official’ Raspberry touchscreen?) that works with Nerves out-of-the box?
Have a nice evening!
~Wiebe-Marten/Qqwy
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ConnorRigby
I’ve never used that lcd screen before but it looks to me like an elaborate shell script and some DTB files. You will need to basically recreate what that shell script is doing.
Qqwy
Was there a different Touchscreen that you did use before with Nerves?
ConnorRigby
I’ve used a few that are supported directly by the Kernel itself. They are not enabled by default, but were pretty easy to enable. (just needed a device tree overlay)
FWIW the ones that i have used came from Adafruit.
outlog
believe the kiosk supports the 7 inch rpi touchscreen out of the box (FT5406 touch controller) Commit search results · GitHub
so if you look at how it’s setup Repository search results · GitHub
you might be able to bundle in the tft35a-overlay.dtb and dtoverlay=tft35a in a similar way (if that is the display/controller) LCD-show/LCD35-show at master · goodtft/LCD-show · GitHub
as @ConnorRigby suggested..
Qqwy
Indeed! I bought the 7" touch screen today, and it works right away without requiring any extra set-up.
The project is coming along nicely!