jswny

jswny

Clip from the Elixir Mentor Podcast: https://youtu.be/mKp30PNM_Q4?si=WHjZEzq3DLNUp-VD

Very exciting news! Oban is a fantastic piece of software and I think that giving people the web piece for free will help adoption and visibility a lot.

Personally I’ve balked at the idea of adding Oban Pro to some of my projects because of how costly it is with Web and Pro together. This will definitely make me reconsider.

Showing Posts 1 to 7

lawik

lawik

Nerves Core Team

I love hearing that. The Web tool is certainly very nice but I think the Serious Business happens over in Pro. And many users can get started with Oban and Oban Web to get a really nice experience and graduate onward to Pro as needed.

jswny

jswny OP

Sorentwo gave a rough ETA of January for this on Slack if anyone was interested

21
Post #3
apoorv-2204

apoorv-2204

is oban web opensourced
yet?

sorentwo

sorentwo

Oban Core Team

No, it isn’t. There is a lot of work involved in open sourcing multiple packages, preparing new releases, and changing a business model.

There will be a prominent announcement when it happens!

23
Post #5
darraghenright

darraghenright

Sounds great, really appreciate the initiative, and of course, the effort! I’m happy to pay for it until that happens. It’s been so valuable, having it out of the box for future projects is actually incredible.

One of my favourite things about the dashboard is the ability to point less technical people to it, and let them inspect/rerun jobs etc. It actually helps give people a more concrete idea of what a job processing tool is for, and does too :smiley:

sorenone

sorenone

Oban Core Team
Terbium-135

Terbium-135

Thanks for this.
It’s very generous!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews