Phoenix 1.7.0 + Tailwind interfaces and courses?

Background

I am trying to recycle myself and improve my knowledge about Phoenix. With 1.7 now out, this seems like a good opportunity.

What I am looking for

I understand Phoenix now comes with Tailwind included, so I was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of things:

• Courses on Phoenix 1.7.0 using Tailwind
  • Designs and for Login Pages and menus using Tailwind inside of Phoenix

I am not really that strong in this space, so I was hoping someone could provide samples or courses that I could explore.

I understand that https://online.pragmaticstudio.com has 1 course, but I am not sure if it covers 1.7 with tailwind. I also could not find a sample Login Design there (although the course is very extensive).

Could you folks share something here?

1 Like

A few threads about 1.7 resources have been posted in this section already: Resources Chat/Questions - Elixir Programming Language Forum

You may also be interested in:

2 Likes

The course is more about Phoenix and Liveview. Tailwind is used, but not for learning about design.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Tailwind is more of a thing “Thats there” and its not really explored.
Don’t take me wrong, the course (the free part I did anyway) is really amazing and they give you a ton of samples. It is a good quality course. But I find myself needing a bit of Tailwind education and how to proper use it withing a Phoenix app.

Do you know of a course that is more design oriented with Tailwind for this case?
I am open to investing some money, if the course requires it.

1 Like

I’m in similar position when it comes to CSS and Tailwind. I didn’t have much time, but I scanned a little through this book: Modern CSS with Tailwind, Second Edition: Flexible Styling Without the Fuss by Noel Rappin and it looks good. Also from what I saw there is (was?) even a book club on this forum where people go trough it together.

1 Like

Not at all, I was just commenting about the course… I took it and it’s really nice. As always with the authors :slight_smile:

But tailwind is not mentioned for learning purpose, just to make nicer UI.

I miss components with Tailwind alone… I would start by adding DaisyUI, then see how I can customize more. It’s on my experiment list, but some have done it already.

1 Like