Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background
I am trying to recycle myself and improve my knowledge about Phoenix. With 1.7 now out, this seems like a good opportunity.
What I am looking for
I understand Phoenix now comes with Tailwind included, so I was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of things:
- Courses on Phoenix 1.7.0 using Tailwind
- Designs and for Login Pages and menus using Tailwind inside of Phoenix
I am not really that strong in this space, so I was hoping someone could provide samples or courses that I could explore.
I understand that https://online.pragmaticstudio.com has 1 course, but I am not sure if it covers 1.7 with tailwind. I also could not find a sample Login Design there (although the course is very extensive).
Could you folks share something here?
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
A few threads about 1.7 resources have been posted in this section already: Resources Chat/Questions - Elixir Programming Language Forum
You may also be interested in:
kokolegorille
The course is more about Phoenix and Liveview. Tailwind is used, but not for learning about design.
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Yes, I agree. Tailwind is more of a thing “Thats there” and its not really explored.
Don’t take me wrong, the course (the free part I did anyway) is really amazing and they give you a ton of samples. It is a good quality course. But I find myself needing a bit of Tailwind education and how to proper use it withing a Phoenix app.
Do you know of a course that is more design oriented with Tailwind for this case?
I am open to investing some money, if the course requires it.
drogovski
I’m in similar position when it comes to CSS and Tailwind. I didn’t have much time, but I scanned a little through this book: Modern CSS with Tailwind, Second Edition: Flexible Styling Without the Fuss by Noel Rappin and it looks good. Also from what I saw there is (was?) even a book club on this forum where people go trough it together.
kokolegorille
Not at all, I was just commenting about the course… I took it and it’s really nice. As always with the authors
But tailwind is not mentioned for learning purpose, just to make nicer UI.
I miss components with Tailwind alone… I would start by adding DaisyUI, then see how I can customize more. It’s on my experiment list, but some have done it already.