Phoenix Blog Posts

[I still do not have permission to make a new topic from an existing post]

I have my program split up into a set of Modules, each module has a Router, which is called from the main Router like:

use MyServer.Routers.MyModule, base_scope: "/mymodule"

And those routers implement behaviours, and they have a set of callbacks such as building a menu drop-down on the top titlebar, setting a page title, etc… It seems very elixir’ish to me and easy to extend (or remove if I need to bulk-remove a module). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Phoenix deployment really that hard?

How much does the Erlang’s great but unexplored hot code reloading complicate the deployment as we know it?

2 Likes

At DockYard, we transitioned our backend development from Ruby and Rails to Elixir and Phoenix once it became clear that Phoenix better served our clients needs to take on the modern web. As we’ve seen, Phoenix is Not Rails, but we borrow some of their great ideas. We were also delighted to give back in the other direction when Rails announced that Rails 5.0 would be shipping with Action Cable – a feature that takes inspiration from Phoenix Channels.

By @chrismccord

1 Like

Creating a game lobby system with Phoenix WebSocket

2 Likes

Phoenix vs Rails: Views and helpers

Here’s an overview, case study and comparison to Phoenix of the V part of Rails MVC as experienced across the years.

3 Likes
1 Like

Bootstrapping API project with Phoenix 1.3

Here’s how to create a minimal Phoenix 1.3 setup for API server without HTML, Brunch, Gettext, channels and sessions.

4 Likes

Found this blog. Find it interesting:

5 Likes

How to use a vue.js component inside your html page:

4 Likes

A blog post describing mix reph.new task which is very similar to phx.new and based on Phoenix 1.3 installer, but aims to scaffold React/Phoenix-stack based apps.

4 Likes

Setup instructions for commonly used front-end technologies (nowadays):

3 Likes

Choosing Elixir for Shedul’s tomorrow

Here’s the story of complex process of researching, evaluating, choosing and introducing Elixir to cozy yet shrinking world of complex Rails monolith at Shedul - a global salon booking system.

2 Likes

phoenixpodcast.org no longer works (domain forwards to different page)

1 Like

Elixir is an emerging language and everyone nowadays wants to learn. Here is a small guide to help you setup Elixir with adsf Version Manager.

1 Like

Mateusz, one of our Elixir developers, wrote a blog post about CSRF tokens in Phoenix:

3 Likes

Hi all!

I wrote a blog post about How I do Outside-In TDD in a Phoenix project, especially how to unit test a controller action with Mox.

https://dsdshcym.github.io/blog/2018/08/04/how-to-do-outside-in-tdd-with-phoenix/

If you have any questions about testing, I’d like to answer them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone.

Here is a blog post on how to deploy phoenix 1.4 to digital ocean with docker containers.

Hope it helps somebody.

2 Likes

Distributed Phoenix Chat using Redis PubSub

Hi guys,

I’ve just posted this in the Elixir Blog Posts and I’ve just find out this thread, which seems more appropriate for this post.

In this article we see how to solve an issue we faced in the previous article, scaling horizontally the Phoenix Chat app. We’ll see how to integrate the PubSub Redis adapter to our chat app, and make it distributed.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Onebox not working for my blog

https://invictusbytes.blogspot.com/2019/02/web-scraping-in-elixir.html

corrections are welcome.

3 Likes