anuaralfetahe
Hello, I’m planning to create a Phoenix Liveview application. I need some guidance on the JS side.
I’ve researched the topic and concluded that Alpine.js may be the way to go for me. I have experience with Vue and Angular, but this time I prefer something lightweight that works well with LiveView.
Lately, I’ve started to have some doubts. My main concerns are:
- compatibility issues where HTML updates on LiveView components break the Alpine.js virtual DOM
- mixing data and code and bloating the HTML
Could anybody share their experience with LiveView + Alpine.js or recommend any other combination instead?
Thanks ![]()
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
slouchpie
You might be interested in this thread:
cmo
I used to use it but I much prefer to use
Phoenix.LiveView.JScommands and LiveVIew Hooks these days. I don’t find Alpine to be worth the hassle of having to deal with the compatability with LiveView or the additionaly bundle size.markevans
For many apps with LiveView probably don’t need a “JS-side” as such (the JS module can do some basic stuff).
When LiveView doesn’t cut it and you do need JS, personally I’d recommend rendering frontend JS components here and there (most frameworks allow you to sprinkle components here and there on the page - the whole page doesn’t need to be an SPA).
My go-to would be Svelte - for that you could use LiveSvelte or you could use a library I recently published Komodo
anuaralfetahe
Thank you all for the replies.
I will check out those leads as well before making the decision.
Solid.js seems viable option too right now.