steveryan
Hey All,
Building a Phoenix LiveView app that allows you to upload a file (currently only markdown supported) and advance through the pages one at a time, and I would like it to support pdf files. I have been looking for a package that can do this, but I can’t find one.
I’d love to be able to provide a pdf, and a page number and render that page of the pdf in my LiveView page.
Is there anything out there like this for Elixir/Phoenix?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
egze
You will need hooks and pdf.js, or no hooks but an iframe.
zimt28
You probably won’t find an existing solution but it should be easy to build one yourself:
bratsche
In the past I’ve used the command line tool
pdfimagesthat’s included in poppler and had some success with it. For example, you can shell out topdfimages -list <filename>to get a list of pages with some information about them, and you can convert the PDF into a series of images that you can render in LiveView.mayel
pdftocairo also works nicely (it renders fonts pretty well, being based on the poppler pdf rendering lib, and can also convert to SVG). For example you generate a preview image of the first page with
pdftocairo -png -singlefile -scale-to #{max_size} #{original_path} #{output_path}mayel
I’ve just experimented with the SVG support. There’s an issue with multipage PDFs in that it generates multi-page SVGs which unfortunately doesn’t seem supported by browsers. You can do one page at a time though with
pdfseparate input.pdf ouput-%d.pdf(that command also comes with poppler) and thenpdftocairo -svgon each page.