Chawki
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 11 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Allyedge
There are a lot of good answers here already, but if you are interested, here are my favourite resources.
1- “Elixir in Action, Second Edition” - it’s an amazing book, teaches almost everything you have to know in Elixir
2- Elixir School
3- Elixir documentation
4- Programming Phoenix 1.4
5- Programming Phoenix LiveView
I mostly read books and articles to learn stuff, but you can also watch channels like
Alchemist Campon YouTube.szsoppa
Hey! You may want to take a look at the blog post we wrote on this topic
Top Elixir Learning Media & Resources
Chawki
yes, sure
learn-elixir.dev
Learn Elixir
We run a mentorship program/online course for Elixir if you’re open to the idea?
JoeZMar
Elixircasts.io has some good short videos that may help.
stefanluptak
I didn’t watch these personaly, but could be useful for your needs.
Zesky665
Look at the channels doc page for phoenix, it has a chat app as an example.
Chawki
A best tip,thanks sir..good luck
Chawki
My main purpose to learn elixir is to build a web chat app,is there any resources particular to that?
and thanks for the links
factoryd
Aside from all the great resources that AstonJ provided, I’d say start coding.
I’ve been coding for 20 years and I’ve never really learned any technology from reading beforehand. Just start coding, reading docs when you get stuck, and ask questions.