shuaib
Hello,
I need advise on the best approach to deploy my Phoenix project. It is recruitment portal that will receive a huge number of applications from the first day to run for a period of six. Past experience has shown that we will get up a million applications from the go.
Our plan is to use Linode VPS with 6 CPU Cores, 12 GB RAM, and 8 TB Transfer. What would you advise? multiple servers? how many and what configuration? Load Balancers. I just need general advice.
Thank you
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
I would always suggest a dedicated server if your budget allows
Check out these threads too:
And there’s quite a few dedicated server companies mentioned in this one:
The deployment tag may be of interest too
idi527
Start with this one, simulate the load that you expect, then maybe pick a bigger/smaller box and repeat the simulation. The good thing about virtualized environments is that you can add more boxes like this later if needed very quickly.
shuaib
Thank you @AstonJ I will read those threads
shuaib
Thank you. How do I simulate the load? What tool can I use to achieve that?
idi527
You can use tsung.
OvermindDL1
Both tsung and
wrkare good. I tend to preferwrkfor higher loads (it is far more efficient), and it uses lua for scripting.joaoevangelista
I would recommend Gatling for more real benchmarks, simulating real user actions instead of raw performance