AstonJ
We get quite a few hosting related questions, so I wonder whether it might be helpful if we can have a thread that talks about the kind of production set-ups everyone is using?
Do you use a dedicated server? VPS? The Cloud? Or…?
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jswny
I use a DigitalOcean VPS. They just bumped up their pricing to be competitive with Vultr/Linode and I find their service the easiest and fastest to use.
I don’t really know much about AWS but I like to have full control of my server and apps, which is why I use a VPS.
irrigator
Currently I am evaluating Gigalixir via its free tier.
benwilson512
Amazon ECS.
axelson
Heroku. It’s been working well enough for us and we have other applications hosted there as well.
krapans
Currently using bare metal servers from Scaleway for my projects.
xpg
Amazon ECS for the application. Postgres database using Amazon RDS.
LostKobrakai
Smaller local VPS Hoster for me.
dokuzbir
Really cheap when i compare to digital ocean. 3 euro for 2gb memory. I am not familar other vps company prices. Is digital ocean expensive or scaleway is cheap for a reason ? How long have you been using scaleway?
krapans
Currently using scaleway over a year and had no problems so far.
stefanjarina
Used to use DigitalOcean, but for about a year now I use Scaleway for almost all my applications. However I am also investigating Gigalixir