Another nice update!
I love the intro “Don’t accept the compromise between fast and beautiful: you can have it all.”
Hi @chrismccord would you please add a chapter on Phoenix LiveView to the book Programming Phoenix 1.4?
Rumbl will already be completed, so if someone don’t wanna use LiveView, s/he will already be done, but if someone want to use LiveView s/he will read the last chapter too.
Programming Phoenix ≥ 1.4 - release date? (Update: beta out now!)
I agree that having a chapter on LiveView would be spectacular
I think LiveView is going to be one of Phoenix’s killer features, and it being covered in the de-facto Phoenix book would be awesome (even if to begin with it is just enough to get people productive with it).
LiveView definitely won’t make it into the book given we are shipping the final three chapters and sending it off to production hopefully before end of year, which will be prior to a LiveView 1.0 for sure. Fortunately though, we have a great doc system with elixir and hexdocs so there will be plenty of docs/guides as we get underway.
And thank you for creating Phoenix and now LiveView!
I’ve just tried to submit the following via PragProg’s errata page but it seems to be down… if anyone succeeds in submitting anything please also submit this (or please let us know when their system is back up)
Page 49 on the PDF version:
The view modules infer their template locations from the view module name. In our example, our Rumbl.UserView would look for templates in the web/templates/user/ directory.
B5 is out now.
Changes in This Release
- We added a new chapter: Chapter 11, OTP. It’s the most heavily revised chapter yet with changes to the dynamic supervision and new child specs added in Elixir 1.5.
- We addressed another big chunk of of the technical errors. It seems you’ve been busy too! Thanks for all of your help and keep them coming.
- We know we still owe you a treatment of channel presence; that will come in about a month or so.
Is the book available as an upgrade to those who bought the previous version or it’s a completely new purchase?
Did you buy an ebook? If so I think you get a huge 80% off: (on my mobile so can’t check what I paid for the upgrade atm):
(Your coupon should be on your pragprog account page)
Changes in This Release
- We added a new chapter: Chapter 12, Observer and Umbrellas.
- We addressed another big chunk of of the technical errors.
- We’re working on a treatment of channel presence; that will come in about a month or so.
Updating now to check it out.