Programming Phoenix (Pragprog)

What typically happens is that you get issued a coupon to buy the physical book at a discount.

For example when “Programming Ecto” went to print a coupon was issued (to the pragprog.com account) for purchasing the paper book for $14.95 (instead of $37.95).

Thank you for the tips

It was actually a $14.95 discount, so the book was $23.

Thank you for the correction - yes it is “Save $14.95”.

In the case of “Programming Ecto” is was issued 2019-04-09 and expires 2020-04-11.

FYI: Last couple of years they had a “Christmas in July” 40% off sale for ebooks, screencasts, and audio books.

1 Like

B9 is now out :023:

Content-complete and heading to copy edit and indexing.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: What is a Phoenix Plug?

B10.0 released

Copy edit and indexing are complete. Now it’s on to layout and the printer.

3 Likes

I ordered it on Amazon 2 years ago :smiley: Yesterday I got an email that it was delayed another time :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s the reason I read web dev books in soft.

I can’t read more than two pages on the screen without getting tired or extremely stressed. I hoped for color e-ink displays in ebook readers but seems like the market just doesn’t care. I have a lot of ebooks laying around which I don’t read because of this. If a technical book is available in print, I buy that instead of the ebook.

1 Like

Have you tried the new Oasis? I love mine:

2 Likes

But that is still no color e-ink. I can’t imagine to read tons of source code and screenshots in grayscale.