sbs
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Neurofunk
Hey that’s quite nice!
Does it only do ANSI output or is there any chance you’d implement images? Perhaps by taking Francois Ribemont / qrcode · GitLab as a backend?
sbs
Thanks!!
Don’t have plan to include png encoder. Render to terminal is just one way to represent the qr code, though one can pipe the data to any other png library.
Eiji
@sbs: No need to implement png encoder from scratch. Just draw QR code in canvas and add simple option to export it.
For example you can draw a canvas and change it to image really easy in JavaScript:
It’s much more simpler and allows to simple export in much more formats without any library for this!
Raddi_On
How is that supposed to work? We have
QRCode.encode("some data)with “canvas”?How?
Eiji
@Raddi_On: Just few steps:
jsonformat)0(white) and1(black) squares. Drawing squares in canvas is one of the easiest things to do.I will show you how it could look in Elixir:
As you can see square coordinates are noting special. You just need to know in which row and column you are and simply multiply them by number of pixels that you wish to have for each cell.
Raddi_On
Thanks.
What’s Canvas? It doesn’t exist in Elixir.
My goal is to something pass qr_code binary data into a Phoenix template where I can draw it with this:
How can I do this?
Eiji
@Raddi_On: Of course not. It’s only example, because
).
Elixiris easier thanJavaScript, so I could write it faster (also don’t usedJavaScriptfor some timeI just show you how to collect required info that you will need in Canvas.
Canvas is drawn by web browser.
Raddi_On
I know. But my question remains: how to pass qr code binary data to a Phoenix template? Or rather: what exactly should I pass given that I have
QRCode.encode("some data)?Eiji
@Raddi_On:
You can use for example request for
json.For example:
You can also use probably
Drab:Raddi_On
That’s an array of arrays. Doesn’t it have to be converted an image format before it’s passed to a phoenix template?